Monday, March 9, 2015

Blog #5 - MOOC idea & my job in my group...

I think that creating a mini MOOC is a great idea. While it seems like a big project, I think we can somehow pull it together. I think it would be a good way to put our class out there. If the thought of a MOOC is too crazy for some of us, maybe we can try to do the mini course site first and start from there. I am not tech savvy at all but I have been taken out of my comfort zone before and in the end I feel great about what I have accomplished. Although, I have no idea how to actually create a MOOC (i.e. would it involve coding…?), I think that we have a lot of people in the class and together and can try to make it happen. With that same thought about having a lot of people in the class, I think that many of us have many different ideas and I’m not sure how that can be beneficial or if that might be counterproductive in the end. When we first spoke about our “digital omnibus” in class, I envisioned a course website where we would all link our work, using for instance, Wix; which is the only platform I’m comfortably familiar with that is capable of doing such thing. Overall, I am open to the idea of a MOOC but being that I think it might be a lot of work and we may struggle with how to manage it, perhaps we can settle for a mini course wed site which might be less daunting.

Now, talking about my particular job in my group project, I have to say that our group sort of has mini groups of two within the group. We decided to break our presentation into basically three parts so we have two members working on each part. As part of our presentation, we’ll be showing a video and asking related questions to generate class discussion. My specific job for my group project is to write out possible questions that we will be asking as part of this. While doing this, I’ll be thinking about when we can fit the question within the video we will be showing. I’ll also pay close attention on how to word the question so that it ties up with what we are trying to say and so that it also matches with a specific time in the video. Hopefully these questions allow us to connect with the stories shared in the video at a closer level. 

No comments:

Post a Comment